Monday, March 31, 2008

About The Personal Financier

The Personal Financier is about sharing knowledge and experience relevant to our personal finances and our financial development:

  • Investing wisely
  • Understanding economic trends
  • Managing our real estate
  • Saving time and money
  • Introducing business and management concepts
  • Promoting self development
  • more…

The Personal Financier started out as an experiment. I enjoy writing and I set it up in order to house all the articles I wrote for freelance writing content sites. As my writing evolved and as The Personal Financier grew I found out writing for my own blog is a much better experience and definitely a more enjoyable one (even if the monetary compensation is negligible).

I’ve often asked myself what it is about writing that most appeals to me. To be perfectly honest I simply enjoy the fact people are reading me. I believe it’s a sort of recognition that I have something to contribute which keeps me going.

My name is Dorian Wales. I’m 30, married and I have no children, yet. I have an MBA with a specialization in finance and a BA in accounting and economics. I am currently employed as an economist for a large firm.

Blogging is a hobby of mine and I’m not eager to turn it into a profession. As a result most of time I devote to The Personal Financier goes to content and very little on promotion and everything else that goes with blogging (although I try).

No comments: