Monday, January 21, 2008

AP: Casual Blogging Not Just Lunch Money Now

While I have yet to see revenues of over a cup of coffee It seems blogging has become a profitable occupation for those who take it on full time. Unfortunately I've been very busy these last couple of days and in this post I'll mostly refer to interesting articles I've read during the past week.

The first one is by Candice Choi from AP titled: Casual Blogging Not Just Lunch Money Now. Here's what I found interesting, in brief:

1. 39% of American Internet users constantly read blogs.

2. Naturally, there is a very long tail of blogs which earn very little for each successful blog (If you're in it for the money, better reconsider investing your time elsewhere).

3. Approximately a third of blogads 1,500 bloggers make 200$-2,000$ a month. These have over 3,000-50K visitors a day.

As I've detailed above I've not been able to make deadline with my posts the past few days. I've been rather busy with other things. I began writing this blog as a hobby and past time as I enjoy writing and enjoy people's comments and ideas on my writing and tips. Quickly enough writing for "The Personal Financier" has become more then a habit. Not being able to meet deadlines has really upset me since I feel obligated to my more devoted readers.

A very interesting article I've read last week by Dan Post for the New York Times titled: Some Brand-Name Bloggers Say Stress of Posting Is a Hazard to Their Health. Apparently many bloggers feel obligated to readers and to their blogs' success. Obligated enough to risk their health. Stress and anxiety are silent murderers responsible for numerous health problems. The affect of the mind on the body is very significant when it comes to these two. Bloggers beware.

Hopefully I'll be able to return to regular posting shortly.

No comments: