Saturday, February 16, 2008

Upcoming Tax Rebates, Spotting Genuine Market Lows and More

I’ve just finished reading a very useful article in Yahoo about the upcoming tax rebates which I think you will find interesting. It addresses the basic questions of who’s entitled to get a check? How much will we get? What needs to be done? When can we expect the money? How to boost rebates? Etc... The article can be found here “Tax Rebate Winners and Losers”.

Another interesting article I thought you’d like was published in “The Economist” titled “Bear Necessities”. This article deals with the notoriously difficult questions of how can one spot the difference between a genuine market low and the staging point for a short-lived “suckers” rally. The article discusses stock dividend yield vs. bond yields, p/e multipliers and the fear factor.

My weekly roundup contains some of the more interesting carnivals I’ve participated in:
1. Carnival of Personal Finance #139: Valentine Edition and Festival of Frugality #112 featured my post on When is it Reasonable to Take a Loan? Consider These 4 Questions.
2. Festival of Stocks # 75 featured my post "Be the Turtle - Why Timing the Market is Impossible"
3. The consumer focused real-estate carnival featured my post “A Case of Too Much Information? Real Estate and Stock Investments Compared

No comments: